HomeHome  Cebu NewsCebu News FAQFAQ SearchSearch
ProfileProfile Log inLog in

New Living In Cebu Forums

Author Perry Gamsby found his dream, and you can too!

Cost of Employee?...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
agasys

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject: Cost of Employee?... Reply with quote

I need a native Filipino Manager in Cebu who can speak English very well, and has a Computer Scienc or similar degree, for full time work.

Does anyone have idea on what the salary for someone like that should be?
cmr164

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: Cost of Employee?... Reply with quote

agasys wrote:
I need a native Filipino Manager in Cebu who can speak English very well, and has a Computer Scienc or similar degree, for full time work.

Does anyone have idea on what the salary for someone like that should be?

Call centers are paying folks like that P18,000/month or even more. For a manger you might boost that a bit.

Security Consultant: Computers, Crime, Terrorism
Villa Del Rio II, Pit-os, Talamban, Cebu, RP
mlampkin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't mention level of experience etc. so its a bit hard to say... anywhere from the mid-20's on up...

One management level person I know... C.S. type... top of class etc. when in school... apx 10 years experience in the industry and experience w/ foreign companies...

He was getting around 42k / month... of course, add to that the 13th month paycheck... health insurance... taxes and so forth... total cost for his employer was probably around 50k...

Now this guy was managing anywhere from 3 to 6 teams at a time... and had proven experience... so I'm guessing that mid 20's / low 30's would probably be a pretty decent offer if you are looking for a person who has a number of years exp. as a lead... and is going to be the equivalent of a single group lead etc. ...

Of course... some folks might think these number are higher than needed...

But ( imho ) as more foreign tech companies are coming into the area... ones which do not discriminate by age ( Asian companies in general - not just the Philippines - are notorious for that )... 'job hopping' for higher pay or better benefits etc. etc. ... has become more prevalent... and I think a slightly better than normal salary offering would help with retention issues... but again - just my opinion...

Michael
cmr164

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My comment re P18t at call centers sets a floor. Mike's range from mid-20t-50t is accurate

mlampkin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey... my comment of:

Quote:

Of course... some folks might think these number are higher than needed...

...wasn't aimed at your post... I actually started writing... stopped for a minute... then came back and posted it... without noticing you had posted a msg in between that... ;-)

Actually from what I have heard... the range you gave for call centers etc. is certainly accurate...

Either way - its a bit of a guessing game... since 'agasys' said CS degree or similar ( so EE, just technical... or ? ) but nothing about the specific industry, years of exp. required, size of team / company, management level and so forth... so its in the details agasys... more info would probably help us ( help you ) narrow down the range a bit...

Michael
scianna54
Novice
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be anywhere from 8 K and up per month. If you place an add in the newspaper, I am sure you can find somebody for around 10 K and you will get lots of applicants.
15 to 20 K will get you somebody with a few years of experience and prooven track record inc. excellent american english.
If you are looking for somebody who can speak excellent american english with top notch experience and qualifications, then you will have to pay more. 42K/month is only for the top of the crop, very unlikely that you need or want somebody like that.

It also depends if the person has a current emplyment or not.
cmr164

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good English and CS degree can get them a job with a call center. (if not then whatever makes them not hireable probably allpies to this job too) Since the call centers are always hiring that sets the bottom salary.

*Note: Age discrinination exists so you might find someone 40 with those qualifications who can not get a job with a call center. That person might come in cheaper but if looking for a reliable manager, don't underpay.

Bet_Busta

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need to know the details of the job/function or complexity of the org to be managed.

For multinational companies here, 42k is not a manager's pay. It's the pay at a step lower.
mlampkin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone here working for a multi-national in the Philippines... and know what the current pay rates are for the various management levels... and able to post them - or approximate numbers... just for curiousity's sake...?

Btw - my friend was working for a Filipino company at that rate... so I can certainly believe that multi-national's opening in the country are paying at a higher level... just to be able to draw off the best / brightest around...

Michael
agasys

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Salaries Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for all the feedback! As for more details - He/she only needs a decent tech background so they can speak the tech language - he/she will be working more as a project manager. He will be managing 6 other tech guys, managing projects, and doing quality assurance. I would want at least 2 years of project management or similar experience.

Thanks again everyone!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Living In Cebu Index -> Living In Cebu All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1