HomeHome  Cebu NewsCebu News FAQFAQ SearchSearch
ProfileProfile Log inLog in

New Living In Cebu Forums

Author Perry Gamsby found his dream, and you can too!

LOOKING FOR DEALS IN OCT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Living In Cebu Index -> Trip Reports, Flights, Hotels & Pension Houses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rogerseau

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: LOOKING FOR DEALS IN OCT Reply with quote

We will be visiting in OCT vice NOV of this year. Does anyone have a lead on any good airfare deals? I just got a quote of $1245 each for 3 tickets from Norfolk to Cebu on Cathay Pacific. I would really love to spend less than that but still use CATHAY.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a good deal. just got tickets manila-hk-sydney-vanuatu return for 1500usd with cathey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try, travelisfun . jeff jenks i always give him first try
Novice
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also try BT-Store. However, that price is not to bad flying into Cebu. If you want a little cheaper, you will probably have to fly into Manila and then catch a flight on to Cebu.
Rogerseau

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all, I did give Jeff Jenks a call today and he also said the price sounded fair. I wish I wasn't such a tight wad when it comes to airfare Rolling Eyes
PhpBB Novice
PhpBB Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indiana joe wrote:
try, travelisfun . jeff jenks i always give him first try

Agreed. Jeff offers dang good rates.

Well, being tight is okay, sometimes. However, when it comes to airline tickets, I'm not one to be so thrifty.

| Pointman Cebu | Living In Cebu | Cebu Tours |

"Did you know an alligator can turn on a dime? I didn't." - talisayus

"After I get over the original screaming, it's not bad." - By John Shriner
Rogerseau

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also looking into the EVA Evergreen Deluxe fares. they are about the same as Cathay Pacific economy fares. Fortunately I still have a little time.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just be sure to check the "HOT E-FARES". Just got tickets from Seattle to Manila (1 year open return) Deluxe class for $1,033 (total). If you fly coach, there are some real good deals. Flying out of LAX seems to have the best selection. Only problem with Deluxe, the arm rests do not raise up. Flying directly in Cebu, limits your airlines and flights (I think Cathay only one).
drews50

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerseau wrote:

I am also looking into the EVA Evergreen Deluxe fares. they are about the same as Cathay Pacific economy fares. Fortunately I still have a little time.

Those cheap tickets go fast, you may not have time, they may well have been purchased. They don't hold seats anymore unless paid for. The fare you have from the east coast is a good one. Sure, everyone quotes a better price, but from the west coast! That and Cathay is an excellent airline, Hong Kong an excellent terminal if you have long layovers. I really like the ability to shower between flights. (so do the passengers sitting around me)

Lolita and I haggled over airfares and by the time we called back, BOOM, they were gone!
Rogerseau

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I bought our three tickets yesterday. Ended up paying $1280 per on Cathay Pacific. Northwest would have been about $150 less but would have required an overnight stay in Manila both coming and going, so I am sure I would have squandered a good portion of the savings in hotel and sight seeing. Overall I am pretty pleased with this fare Smile .

The itinerary is depart Norfolk Val go to JFK to Vancouver BC to HK on to CEBU. Return was CEBU 2 HK 2 LAX 2 ATL to Norfolk. Lots of travel time...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Living In Cebu Index -> Trip Reports, Flights, Hotels & Pension Houses All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1