HomeHome  Cebu NewsCebu News FAQFAQ SearchSearch
ProfileProfile Log inLog in

New Living In Cebu Forums

Author Perry Gamsby found his dream, and you can too!

How can I be sure?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Living In Cebu Index -> Philippines Romance 101
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: How can I be sure? Reply with quote

Apophis wrote:
Mick wrote:
I am corresponding via internet with a young filipina, 21. I am 53. She seem to be ok, but how can I found out for sure, that she is not scamming me. I understand she is ooking for a better future, and willing to marry an older foreigner to get it. That realism doesn't bother me. I just want to know that she is not scamming.
Mick

Mick,

How long have you been corresponding with her?

I've been corresponding with mine for over three years now and am finally going to meet her in April '07 (tentative date).

I know of a story where a girl chatted and met with an American for over 3 years. They weren't married yet. The guy told her that he made a life insurance in her name. Incidentially he died, but there was no life insurance. The girl got nothing.

Chatting for 3 years is short compared to meeeting a person. I would say that chatting for 3 years compares to meeting for one week maybe (assuming you talk a lot during that week).

The girls here are very well aware of the "risk" not being married and dating/chatting to a guy. Thats why they all want to marry.

Many, especially those who only know their BF through chatting, keep the race open and chat with other guys too, they just wont tell you.
Mick
Novice
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been emaiiing her for about 3 months.Everything being equal, I have no other way to know but to go there and check her out myself. So, I will be there in November. I hhope to be able to meet you guys. I will be there Thanksgiving week and am staying at the Cebu Beach Hotel.
Mick
Apophis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mick wrote:
I have been emaiiing her for about 3 months.Everything being equal, I have no other way to know but to go there and check her out myself. So, I will be there in November. I hhope to be able to meet you guys. I will be there Thanksgiving week and am staying at the Cebu Beach Hotel.
Mick

I hope the best of luck for you.

I won't be able to go until the spring of next year. Probably in April.

Cebu bound
http://www.philippineszone.com
http://www.filipinojunction.com
http://www.queencityofthesouth.com
http://www.philippinegallery.com/
chrisk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mick wrote:
Mick

I highly recommend to you not to stay in one of the Mactan resorts the first time you come here. Most people I know who have done it, regretted it. You will lose a lot of time driving around by taxi, wasting a lot of your time. The pictures on Cebu Beach Club's web site also do not show the real picture. The beach there for example is not usable as a lot of sea weed is washed onto shore every day. Its dirty too.

I recommend Waterfront Lahug, Montebello or as a good budget Hotel
Eddies.

You can alwasy got to one of the resorts as a day guest and use the beach. I recommend White Sands Resort. I believe its $ 5 with most of it as consumable.
chrisk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mick wrote:
Mick

Have her checked out before you come here. I am sure that Charles can help you there. Be sure that she is sincere, otherwise you will waste your time and your emotions. Good luck.
ilovecebu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also ask her to meet a couple here and they can give you their impression of her! These girls usually share everything with each other and with a little picking of the brain, you might find out things.

Or have someone Email her and try to be friendly with her, WIll they share pictures, will she say she has a BF ?

When many come here and see all the eye candy, they forget the email / internet ladies. Getting off a plane and marrying someome THEY have never met is , crazy in my mind

My friend went out with one on the net that posts she has never been kissed by a man . She is 22. Yeah RIGHT! Thats is not true amd his impression of her is that she is a LOOSE GOOSE !! Obvious hanky panky went on between both, like the horizontal MAMBO !!!

He never dated her again yet she still posts that she has NEVER been kissed by a man before, What a bunch of Baba sticky !!!!

Last edited by ilovecebu on Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mick
Novice
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,
Thank you all for the advice. Hovecebu gave me the idea. I am having a friend email her and then see what develops there.
Cheers
Mick
shann1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings All,
Quote:
You can also ask her to meet a couple here and they can give you their impression of her!

This is an excellent suggestion. But-t-t-t-t, pick someone who will be brutally honest. This did not work for me. When I introduced my potential fiancee to an old family friend, this friend was a little too diplomatic and did not really tell me anything I had not already guessed. So, get someone who will not shy away from a little confrontation - this is the rest of your life you are planning for.
pepe4158

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mick wrote:
Well,
Thank you all for the advice. Hovecebu gave me the idea. I am having a friend email her and then see what develops there.
Cheers
Mick

Well my two cents Mick is it really doesnt prove a thing; think of it logically Mick...these girls go thru guy after guy making them promises over the net and never following thru; I would bet your gal would jump on the first real offer she gets and who could blame her? As Mike said his wife's relative has 4 and is just looking for the first one to come get her. These ladies arent stupid and who could blame them; I am the self-proclaimed KING of internet dating, but see it as it is...just a good way to break the ice with her and a start; the real test will be when you are there in person and there is where you need to make any real life changing decisions.....good luck Mick and tell us when you visit her in person
cmr164

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shann1 wrote:
Greetings All,
Quote:
You can also ask her to meet a couple here and they can give you their impression of her!

This is an excellent suggestion. But-t-t-t-t, pick someone who will be brutally honest. This did not work for me. When I introduced my potential fiancee to an old family friend, this friend was a little too diplomatic and did not really tell me anything I had not already guessed. So, get someone who will not shy away from a little confrontation - this is the rest of your life you are planning for.

Ouch.

Security Consultant: Computers, Crime, Terrorism
Villa Del Rio II, Pit-os, Talamban, Cebu, RP
Mick
Novice
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Well,
My friend, a femaile, emailed my girl in Cebu posing as a guy. My girl in Cebu said she didn't have a boyfriend, which she proclaims to me everyday that she is. She also is very excited to meet this other "guy". I found out what I needed to know. I will still go to Cebu as planned, but I am going to be a lot more free and open for the nightlife. Thanks to all of you for your advice.

Mick
cmr164

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of guys are writing to Filipinas and the vast majority will never come to to visit. I know one girl who married a kano here and a guy in Canada who had been promising to come for 5 years complained bitterly. She told him, "How long was I supposed to wait? Another 5 years?" The reality is that the gf/bf relationship is not real until you meet. Cut the girl some slack on this one. On the other hand if she does that after you have met in person then break up. YMMV

Security Consultant: Computers, Crime, Terrorism
Villa Del Rio II, Pit-os, Talamban, Cebu, RP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Living In Cebu Index -> Philippines Romance 101 All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2