HomeHome  Cebu NewsCebu News FAQFAQ SearchSearch
ProfileProfile Log inLog in

New Living In Cebu Forums

Author Perry Gamsby found his dream, and you can too!

DBA in RP?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Living In Cebu Index -> Businesses, Products & Services
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scuba

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: DBA in RP? Reply with quote

Is there such a thing as a Doing Business As form in the Philippines to allow someone-even a Filipino (maybe only a Filipino..?) to do business under an assumed name?
Pradiip
Novice
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehehe! i knew someone whos doing an internet business like this way..the real owner was a european guy but the company is registered to a filipino guy
Scuba

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really a DBA then.

If one was doing an internet business from outside PI, why would you bother with registering it in PI-other than having a PI bank account for Filipinos to deposit monies?
cmr164

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: DBA in RP? Reply with quote

Scuba wrote:
Is there such a thing as a Doing Business As form in the Philippines to allow someone-even a Filipino (maybe only a Filipino..?) to do business under an assumed name?

Register the business with the BIR and get the Mayor's Business Permit. Does not have to be a corp.

Security Consultant: Computers, Crime, Terrorism
Villa Del Rio II, Pit-os, Talamban, Cebu, RP
Scuba

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but it looks like we'll be here in the US. Though we are checking on Pharmacist Education for the MRs. It pays very well in the US, and very cheap in PI compared to US college prices..
eyeout4u

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scuba,

I don't know about pharmacy, but I read that the top graduate at a Philippine medical school left to get a job in the US. The job however was as a nurse. Apparently the boards don't make it easy even for someone who graduated top in his class, to practice medicine in the US.

I am an optometrist and I have licenses in three states. I have to renew those licenses each year and pay at least $100 for each state in addition to taking continuiing education. For me to get a license in another state, I would have to take their state board exam and retake the national board exam. The national boards take three days and the Florida state board took three 1/2 days. Why is there no reciprocity....politics!

So check to see what you would need to get a license to practice pharmacy in the US if you obtained an education in the Philippines.

http://rense.com/general73/abam.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Living In Cebu Index -> Businesses, Products & Services All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1