HomeHome  Cebu NewsCebu News FAQFAQ SearchSearch
ProfileProfile Log inLog in

New Living In Cebu Forums

Author Perry Gamsby found his dream, and you can too!

Wedding Reception in Talisay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Living In Cebu Index -> Weddings & Filing Requirements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
totalimage
Novice
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Wedding Reception in Talisay Reply with quote

This October my wife and I will be having a renewal of vows ceremony in Talisay, since Mamma and Tatay couldn't attend our wedding here in the states. I was wondering if anyone knows a place close to Talisay that would be good for a wedding reception?

We usually stay at the Marriott when we are in Cebu, and I found a good wedding reception package at the Metro Park Hotel/Crowne Garden Hotel. But my concern is getting 100+ friends and relatives from Talisay to Lahug might cost more than the wedding! Especially if I have to hire taxis or a bus for everyone.

It seems to make more sense if the ceremony and reception are close to home in Talisay. Are there any hotels/restaurants/halls that have a wedding reception package close to Talisay?
acr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Wedding Reception in Talisay Reply with quote

Go to ALTA VISTA in talisay. They have a very big hall there and its perfect for the wedding reception. I been there one time and its really nice there.
Terp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Wedding Reception in Talisay Reply with quote

totalimage wrote:
Are there any hotels/restaurants/halls that have a wedding reception package close to Talisay?

You might want to consider Garces Royal Garden in San Isidro, Talisay City. It's open air with nice surrondings and they specialize in this sort of thing.

Check out the link below and you'll see some pictures that an expat had taken of his wedding vows being renewed there.

http://honeyjones.bravehost.com/Wedding.html
robert51

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Wedding Reception in Talisay Reply with quote

totalimage wrote:
This October my wife and I will be having a renewal of vows ceremony in Talisay, since Mamma and Tatay couldn't attend our wedding here in the states. I was wondering if anyone knows a place close to Talisay that would be good for a wedding reception?

We usually stay at the Marriott when we are in Cebu, and I found a good wedding reception package at the Metro Park Hotel/Crowne Garden Hotel. But my concern is getting 100+ friends and relatives from Talisay to Lahug might cost more than the wedding! Especially if I have to hire taxis or a bus for everyone.

It seems to make more sense if the ceremony and reception are close to home in Talisay. Are there any hotels/restaurants/halls that have a wedding reception package close to Talisay?

Dont know if this would help you but the Vista Grande clubhouse is used for large parties i think the charge is 3500 p first 3 hours and its in Talisay ? you can call 032 273-2033 and ask for Adell dont know the prefix to go in front of the number
the_nanny

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALTAVISTA is in Pardo, just a 30mins ride from talisay. its a magnificent place for large and grande parties. they have a golf course, function room, bars, bowling alley, playing courts and the grand hall. though, i have heard only members can use it. but try to inquire if outsiders can use the place for the occasion.
T.S.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: Wedding Reception in Talisay Reply with quote

acr wrote:
Go to ALTA VISTA in talisay. They have a very big hall there and its perfect for the wedding reception. I been there one time and its really nice there.

I had mine poolside at Alta Vista. It was P390 per person with a buffet.
DavidWhittall

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Wedding Reception in Talisay Reply with quote

totalimage wrote:

You might care to consider Villa Teresita at Pooc!

My wife celebrated her Birthday here. We had an 'Expat Party' at this venue and this is where Paul Petrea married JJ.

If you want to see some video of these, check out Jim Sibbick's website -

[url]http://www.bigjimsphilippinesexperience.com [/url]

http://www.bigjimsphilippinesexperience.com/videos/villa_terisita.wmv

http://www.bigjimsphilippinesexperience.com/videos/maria_sm.wmv

Another alternative to consider in Talisay area, if wanting a 'function room', is to consider 'Equator' next to Corona del Mar on the Pooc road. This is a large air conditioned Bar/Restaurant/KTV/Disco/LiveBand place that would be suitable for wedding reception.

Really depends if you want nice surroundings or just a nice room?

David & Sha-Sha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Living In Cebu Index -> Weddings & Filing Requirements All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1