HomeHome  Cebu NewsCebu News FAQFAQ SearchSearch
ProfileProfile Log inLog in

New Living In Cebu Forums

Author Perry Gamsby found his dream, and you can too!

If you want to learn Cebuano...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Living In Cebu Index -> Philippines Languages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karrg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf wrote:

I think the real crux of the matter is UNDERSTANDING the language. I want to understand what people say !!

Therefore, if I live in Cebu, I obviously have to learn Bisaya or Cebuano, not Tagalog.

If I just want to make myself understood, I'll most likely get by with English one way or the other, in all of the Phils.

Hi wolf,

Those are my thoughts too!

Even Imong agrees with you (but I do not think he will admit it)

Imong wrote:

Everyone speaks some English anyway; almost everyone.

That is right Imong, even in Luzon!

I agree with wolf too. If you are going to be in Cebu, who cares what they are speaking in Manila! When I go to the grocery store, I want to know what those two lady are saying about me in isle number two!
Novice
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I am still new in this forum, but I am not new with the Philippines. My new girl-friend is from Cebu, that's why I was looking for a forum to get more information about Cebu.

Quote:
The English-CEbuano made easy book is good though i believe the book needs another revision as it does not include the pronuncation of the words which would help travellers speak properly.

My first language is german, not english. I can speak and read Cebuano and Tagalog like german. We have the same pronuncing of the vocals.
But anything else I have to learn like you. Coz I also cannot recognise yet any structure in that language. German is more difficult than english, but we have a structure, a grammar which is rather complicate.

Quote:
Hi FB,

Second, we have access to courses which may help you learn Cebuano. However, the best way is, by far, "direct contact".

Paul

This posting was older already. Are those courses still offered? I would be intrested to, eventhough I'd have to choose english as basic language. Is there any website about the institute who offers Cebuano-courses.

Thank you for further information,

snoopye1970
Paul
PhpBB Novice
PhpBB Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I will see if I have any copies. I know I don't have any here with me at the present, as I am not in the Philippines. I will look when I get back to Australia though, prior to returning to the US for a short trip.

Please feel free to email me in say... 30 days, if you do not hear back from me. Simply click on the link in my signature to email me directly.

HTH

| Pointman Cebu | Living In Cebu | Cebu Tours |

"Did you know an alligator can turn on a dime? I didn't." - talisayus

"After I get over the original screaming, it's not bad." - By John Shriner
Apophis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snoopye1970 wrote:

Quote:
Hi FB,

Second, we have access to courses which may help you learn Cebuano. However, the best way is, by far, "direct contact".

Paul

This posting was older already. Are those courses still offered? I would be intrested to, eventhough I'd have to choose english as basic language. Is there any website about the institute who offers Cebuano-courses.

Thank you for further information,

snoopye1970

I'd be interested in this also. I have some material that I download from the Peace Corps. But that's all that I could find.

Cebu bound
http://www.philippineszone.com
http://www.filipinojunction.com
http://www.queencityofthesouth.com
http://www.philippinegallery.com/
Rogerseau

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys are looking for actual courses but you can find some decent links in the "Not many bother..." post found in this very forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Living In Cebu Index -> Philippines Languages All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3