HomeHome  Cebu NewsCebu News FAQFAQ SearchSearch
ProfileProfile Log inLog in

New Living In Cebu Forums

Author Perry Gamsby found his dream, and you can too!

The Case of Jovenyl?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Living In Cebu Index -> Pointman Cebu Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pepe4158

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: The Case of Jovenyl? Reply with quote

Say I really love looking through all your cases, and I really appreciate you posting them as they are really great stuff. Many of the cases are such obvious scams, especially with the lady blatenly wanting money upfront. The case with Jovenyl still confusees me though; I think I am missing some facts in the presentation even though I am re-reading it and re-reading it; I men coudnt this just be the classic vengefull bad break-up?.....I do agrre the inlawas were a little over-controling obviously, but am I wrong in thinking that lots of filipino in-laws are a little demanding anyway if given the chanceto do it and not appear rude?
Ok....do I have the facts right?
1. This was really a legal marriage; I mean it had to be legal or
else no reason to serve a divorcee?
2. They consumated the marriage; so the gals family might be
a little * he is considering divorcee
3. She actually didnt begin extorting until served with divorcee?

Please clear up any mistakes I am making; just trying to understand filipino cultire a lirttle better
Alan_S

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ideas of one particular scammer should not be used as a guide to the culture of a whole country.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen I wasnt trying to make any generalizations in this post; just trying to understand this particular case.....please choose to disgaree with any of my generalizations in other post, causer I probebly am wrong in my generalizations and really not trying to make that an issue, but for the purpose of this threed simply just trying to understand what really happened in this particular case cause I am really not following it well; although I followed all of the others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Living In Cebu Index -> Pointman Cebu Comments All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1